What advice would you give to your younger self?

This may be more appropriate for the older members, but younger ones may find it useful and may have some advice to give.

My really big one is I wish I was less of a 'people pleaser', less compliant.

I think I have been quite easily manipulated during my life and if I hadn't been, my life would have taken a different course.

I have finally learnt to say 'no' and am trying hard to 'please myself'.

What about you?

Parents
  • I often still need to give myself this advice now too!

"What would you wish on your deathbed?"

By that, I mean on your deathbed would you wish that you'd stayed in more, or would you wish that you'd done that thing?

My sensory/social problems are only there in the moment. They are not what I remember. I am not as good at this as I used to be, but I can still force myself to do something that I also know will give me issues (e.g. go to see a band.)

I even have it this very weekend, because my nephews are coming to stay and we will be going into London and Harrod's at their request. I am dreading it with my very being. I love those guys, but they are always squabbling and one leap short of an injury. I find their visits really stressful and this on top of a London trip with trains, and busy weekend shopping is making me sweat just to type. However, I know afterwards, I'll miss them and be glad that I did it.

• I often still need to give myself this advice now too!

"What would you wish on your deathbed?"

By that, I mean on your deathbed would you wish that you'd stayed in more, or would you wish that you'd done that thing?

My sensory/social problems are only there in the moment. They are not what I remember. I am not as good at this as I used to be, but I can still force myself to do something that I also know will give me issues (e.g. go to see a band.)

I even have it this very weekend, because my nephews are coming to stay and we will be going into London and Harrod's at their request. I am dreading it with my very being. I love those guys, but they are always squabbling and one leap short of an injury. I find their visits really stressful and this on top of a London trip with trains, and busy weekend shopping is making me sweat just to type. However, I know afterwards, I'll miss them and be glad that I did it.

Children
No Data