What advice would you give to your younger self?

This may be more appropriate for the older members, but younger ones may find it useful and may have some advice to give.

My really big one is I wish I was less of a 'people pleaser', less compliant.

I think I have been quite easily manipulated during my life and if I hadn't been, my life would have taken a different course.

I have finally learnt to say 'no' and am trying hard to 'please myself'.

What about you?

Parents
  • "A parent can be a monster and wish to hurt you, even it it's a parent. Your father is lying to you. Get the medical documents and have your thyroid tested NOW. Mother is just enabling your father, she would be happy to kill you to please him, do no trust her. She lied to the authorities to protect him, it's not the cops fault if the case was not taken to the court. Get your medical issues sorted, then pick up and LEAVE. Join the Navy, go to that German place, whatever, just leave. Your parents are monsters."

"BTW, buy Bitcoin now and sell them when they reach 20K. It's worth the wait."

• "A parent can be a monster and wish to hurt you, even it it's a parent. Your father is lying to you. Get the medical documents and have your thyroid tested NOW. Mother is just enabling your father, she would be happy to kill you to please him, do no trust her. She lied to the authorities to protect him, it's not the cops fault if the case was not taken to the court. Get your medical issues sorted, then pick up and LEAVE. Join the Navy, go to that German place, whatever, just leave. Your parents are monsters."

"BTW, buy Bitcoin now and sell them when they reach 20K. It's worth the wait."

Children
No Data