What advice would you give to your younger self?

This may be more appropriate for the older members, but younger ones may find it useful and may have some advice to give.

My really big one is I wish I was less of a 'people pleaser', less compliant.

I think I have been quite easily manipulated during my life and if I hadn't been, my life would have taken a different course.

I have finally learnt to say 'no' and am trying hard to 'please myself'.

What about you?

Parents
  • Yes a lot of the same as i get older i only do the jobs that are urgent and decent people who deserve and can pay for my work ethics  i have nearly died on some jobs for the sake of 200 pounds sometime i rapidly stop working nowerdays for people who have little patience  and carnt wait they see you as there slave i soon stop working for them i have walked off jobs were they were very nasty and nearly got into fights on a site with labour's who worked for same agencey it was simalar in army every day a struggle but very rewarding in the long term.

• Yes a lot of the same as i get older i only do the jobs that are urgent and decent people who deserve and can pay for my work ethics  i have nearly died on some jobs for the sake of 200 pounds sometime i rapidly stop working nowerdays for people who have little patience  and carnt wait they see you as there slave i soon stop working for them i have walked off jobs were they were very nasty and nearly got into fights on a site with labour's who worked for same agencey it was simalar in army every day a struggle but very rewarding in the long term.

Children
No Data