What advice would you give to your younger self?

This may be more appropriate for the older members, but younger ones may find it useful and may have some advice to give.

My really big one is I wish I was less of a 'people pleaser', less compliant.

I think I have been quite easily manipulated during my life and if I hadn't been, my life would have taken a different course.

I have finally learnt to say 'no' and am trying hard to 'please myself'.

What about you?

Parents
  • To do things for yourself rather than for others. Don't do things to please people.

Another people pleaser here Debbie. These events in our life shape us in to who we become.

• That’s a great one. It can cost you dear though. I just became estranged from a loved one over it. Exercised my right to follow my own moral compass on something (not participated in a requested collective ghosting of someone) and they exploded at me and will hold a grudge for the rest of their life. Sad but when you’ve done what your own heart tells you is right (do unto others…) there’s some peace in that despite the cost. 

• That’s a great one. It can cost you dear though. I just became estranged from a loved one over it. Exercised my right to follow my own moral compass on something (not participated in a requested collective ghosting of someone) and they exploded at me and will hold a grudge for the rest of their life. Sad but when you’ve done what your own heart tells you is right (do unto others…) there’s some peace in that despite the cost. 

Children
No Data