An identi-kit online autistic person?

Middle aged

Is highly adept at masking. Which he/she/non binary etc has done for many years

IQ- at least 140, degree or PhD level  academic qualification,

Sees being an autistic person as far more a gift than a  deficit

Progresses quickly from non diagnosed to expert with lived experience

Parents
  • You are describing me, except that I am old and have never had my IQ tested - largely because I can see problems in the design of IQ tests; also, repeating IQ tests improves people's scores, so they cannot be measuring anything very accurately about innate intelligence.

• except that I am old

What age do you consider 'middle age' ?

A friend was telling me the other day that 60 is the 'new middle age'.

I'm 61 and I don't see myself as old (but I also don't expect to live to 120).

Re IQ tests, it's the maths contained therein that gets me.

I think I may have dyscalculia.

• exactly... my problem too.... i hate maths, its the one subject i cant do, it requires a good memory as you have to hold numbers in your head, calculate them, then hold that number you calculated then calculate it against a few more numbers and hold more in your head. cant do maths, i think my short term memory and concentration isnt good enough for it. 

given iq tests have really complex maths questions it acts as a total roadblock to finishing any questions. sure you can multiple choice guess it but i dont do that as i think its cheating and gets a wrong result.

• exactly... my problem too.... i hate maths, its the one subject i cant do, it requires a good memory as you have to hold numbers in your head, calculate them, then hold that number you calculated then calculate it against a few more numbers and hold more in your head. cant do maths, i think my short term memory and concentration isnt good enough for it. 

given iq tests have really complex maths questions it acts as a total roadblock to finishing any questions. sure you can multiple choice guess it but i dont do that as i think its cheating and gets a wrong result.

Children