Feeling at odds with the world

2 weeks into my new job and I am already back to feeling completely at odds with the modern world

I don't think I need a two hour online seminar to tell me how to sit in a chair correctly at my computer. I have been sitting in chairs my whole life 

I don't think I need a whistle to protect me from terrorists (seriously, have terrorists ever been scared of a whistle?)

I don't like being treated like a pariah or some sort of dissident for not owning a smartphone

I don't understand how NT people, particularly at work, can tell you one thing one minute and the opposite the next minute and then act like it's your fault

Anyway just needed to vent. I feel at odds with the modern world most of my life but when I'm not at work I can shut it out enough so as not to notice it and feel quite peaceful. Going back to work just brings it into sharp focus

Anyone else feel like this?

Parents
  • Oh God, tell me about it. We had lunch together me and my colleagues few days ago. It took about 50 minutes to end, it felt like torture. I couldn't relate nor care about one single topic that happened there. I stayed silent for 50 minutes. I was hoping that the food would be worth it, but it wasn't. Our boss is pregnant and I couldn't even say "congratulations" . Maybe because inside of I don't feel like it's a happy event happening but more of "wow, a huge responsibility is on the way, lot of stress and work and changes in your world". I couldn't fake the word and everybody looked sooo thrilled about the news!. It exhausted me.. damn, I prefer eating alone. 

• For the last couple of years, I have met my colleagues only for Christmas lunch. Lots of nice food and drink (it is a finance company, and most of us are contractors).  Very quickly the tempo heats up then I can switch off and continue indulging myself in a drunken stupor.  

• For the last couple of years, I have met my colleagues only for Christmas lunch. Lots of nice food and drink (it is a finance company, and most of us are contractors).  Very quickly the tempo heats up then I can switch off and continue indulging myself in a drunken stupor.  

Children
No Data