Meet Ups For Adults

What have your experiences been like?

Parents
  • I thought loads of people would reply lol. Everyone always says ‘find your tribe’ which personally I detest. But, how many tries until you do fid them?

I never seem to connect. I don’t know if I’m more social that others, despite having social anxiety. I can still speak to people within a group, but I don’t get much response. It’s like flogging a dead horse, and I am very patient with others. Maybe I need to find a different group, or even a group of people that are interested in what I am interested in, instead of them also having to be autistic. 

• I struggle with not being heard or seen too. I pass in social events as "is she even here?". Sometimes I get interrupted, talked over or ignored completely. I don't like to raise my voice to get attention. I feel like I have found people who can relate to my experiences here more than any other community. I wouldn't call it a tribe because I like to choose each member of my tribe very carefully. For now my tribe has very few people in it, each in a different country but still. I know how it feels to not be answered to or seen. I also get annoyed when my thread isn't replied to while I find it important while other that I find less interesting have loads of replies, but each has different interests I guess even in one community. 

• Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reply Children
No Data