Special interests

I wondered if anyone would like to share a list of a few of their special interests? I love seeing what interests we all have

A few of mine (I tend to fluctuate in and out of them) are

Germany (anything German but especially food, music and football)

The history of Eastern Europe, especially the former East Germany and Hungary

Learning about different countries, such as Switzerland or Iceland

South American history and football, especially Argentina

Cricket

Buses

Trains

Hippos and animals and birds in general 

Wildfowl

• hi im southern brumby 4 nice to meet you and we can be friends someday

• Countries: Iceland and USA

Tv shows: dawson's creek

Films: pride and prejudice 2005 and the hunger games

CATS

Nerodivergentcy 

Dates

• Criminal Minds 

Greys Anatomy 

Taylor Swift 

Books 

Crystals 

Collecting plushes and squishmallows 

• I love singing and dancing running also swimming filming breyer horses

• I love to collect breyer horses and football cards and running and swimming too

• wellI i like football nfl and swimming too

• I think my special interest is people I love to find out about people and research every aspect of there life, talking about celebs here and famous people. I love to find there roots and then read through how they became the famous people they are today. History is my other special interest. Like reading about important events like the wars, saw that Titanic news recently to which they also talked about at school.Those are my special interests.

• I'm like that, a little too interested and paranoid in my wellbeing to be honest but it's OCD and anxiety and I can't help it.

I'm constantly checking myself all day, using a stethoscope and thermometer as well lol. Grinning

• Is it ok to be specially interested in myself??. My health, mental health, psychology, well-being, growth and so on?. Is it ok to be obsessed with myself??. I already have my name tattooed on me Smiley

• This is the first time that I've managed to get the courage to put up a comment on social media

Congratulations Beers

Detective stories generally as well - I like reading Poirot

I like detective stories too, old and modern.

With regard to Agatha Christie, I prefer Miss Marple to Poirot.

• I love animals as well especially tigers and wolves, though, I love every animal I find them very interesting.

I'm interested in everything to do with WW1 and WW2.

Special interest in photography as well which I do every day and then love to look through my photos and now share a lot of them here.

Music, especially from the 80s.

• My special interest is Sherlock Holmes - books and the TV programmes/films. I like looking at how the Cumberbatch Sherlock series uses the short stories.

Detective stories generally as well - I like reading Poirot. 

Research projects, which usually are over some sort of political issue, and reading. 

This is the first time that I've managed to get the courage to put up a comment on social media Slight smile

• I've previously replied to this thread with Star Wars (probably my primary fixation), but recently reminded of how much I love maps.  It is one of the abilities I am most proud of - the fact that whenever I go somewhere new, I study a map for minutes or hours (depending on prior familiarity with the area) and pretty much drive straight to my intended destination.

The maps can be real-life (Ordnance Survey a particular favourite), or fictional ones (Tolkien, Star Wars galaxy, etc).

• A few people have mentioned their interest in German culture, so here's a link to an article about relevant, recent tv shows. But what I found really interesting were the readers' comments, many of these detailing life in the DDR:

'From rampaging teens to female assassins: why has East German culture become so cool?' ~

www.theguardian.com/.../rampaging-teenagers-female-assassins-east-german-culture-cool-kleo-wall

• Hi Billy. Great thread, very interesting to read all our interests. I also have an interest in Germany and Germans, love their culture and history.

My own interests are connected to animals and wildlife, specifically bears, wolves, birds and sea life.
    Lego – sets and minifigures + the Lego films and video games.
    Discovering and learning more of other countries and places. Very lucky to now live in the United Kingdom having lived in North America for 21 years. I’ve been in the United Kingdom for five years and am still finding more to discover and learn here.
    Writing – by hand and on computer. Love to write fiction stories.
    Comedy films – Simon Pegg is one of my favourite actors as is Rowan Atkinson.
    Soccer (football).
    Basketball.
    Cars (classic) and mechanical things.
    History (American, French, German and Italian).
    Star Wars.

• Ice hockey

Team Fortress

Fashion 

Doll collecting

Punk/Goth culture 

Metal

• My interests are very disproportionate. I would say that my, very, very special interest is Harry Potter (particularly the core book series and fanfic) and that has never gone away. I'm also very interested in Japan, the country, it's culture, and the language. I also like board games (the kind that have thick rule books and often miniatures) and video games.

• My main special interest is astronomy. Growing up I wasn't bothered about dolls or girly things I just wanted to read about space, and look through my telescope and dream of the stars and dream of being amongst them. Some girls had 1D pictures on their walls I had Stephen Hawking and Yuri Gagarin.

Also special interest in animals.

History. 

Books.

Science. 

Pottery.

• Office US are better than UK? I was comparing them recently but then forgotten about this. I need to watch one more of UK version and then to US one. I’ve seen the clips of US version and they are brilliant! 

• I had a massive vampire pash in the 90's too, got into gothic music from any manner of different countries. I wrote for an amateur magazine, and got lots of books and CD's for free to review. Fun times, and I never have never given all that completely.There's a lot of new music to discover, currently. My taste in movies is for intelligent gothic/ horror, in literature too, but these days a good mystery/thriller works for me. 

I am also fascinated with the convergence of archaeology and ancient myths: the links with the Atlantis myth and the Minoan eruption, whether or not the blasted ruins discovered at Tall el-Hammam inspired the Sodom myth. 

Paintng and drawing have always mattered to me.

Then there's my citrus and herb garden, love having a balcony now. As a child collecting things was my thing too, starting with old and rare coins, to seashells and semi-precious stones. I still like looking for seashells, on rate trips and holidays to the sea.