Sensory overload? or just a headache?

Hi Wave 

I have just come back from being at a bowling alley and they have arcade games there. I didn’t really feel like going but we had kids and they wanted to go. After awhile I got this awful headache and sicky feeling and feeling unsafe. My eyes starting going funny like I couldn’t see properly. I’m home now and the headache and sicky feeling still won’t leave. I am currently alone in my bedroom and the feeling of unsafeness has gone but I have the shakes. Am I just having an off 5 minutes with a headache or could it be sensory overload? What are your tips 

Parents
  • Hi Andi, it sounds like sensory overload and anxiety (due to the shakes). I get the same thing on a regular basis including migraines. It's not a nice feeling but it will pass with time. It helps me to remove myself from the situation, use my fidget toy to keep me occupied and listen to some calming music. 

Hope you feel better soon.

• Hi Andi, it sounds like sensory overload and anxiety (due to the shakes). I get the same thing on a regular basis including migraines. It's not a nice feeling but it will pass with time. It helps me to remove myself from the situation, use my fidget toy to keep me occupied and listen to some calming music. 

Hope you feel better soon.

Children