Rule 4 - Be Nice

So another thread relating to trans rights has been locked under Rule 4 ‘Be Nice’ , but shouldn’t hatred directed at trans people be actually deleted? The thread was going really well with lots of trans, gender fluid and queer people supporting each other, but as usual the cis hets dive in to invalidate us. The mod response is not to target the prejudice but to lock the entire thread! This is wrong. Can we trans and queer and pride people on the spectrum not have a safe space here? I know the mods have a policy of non-deletion but this is wrong, were racist comments being made I’m sure they’d pounce on that pdq, but hate against trans people is unchallenged and left to stand. Apalling of you NAS!

Parents
  • One word of warning with regard to acrimony on this forum and criticism of NAS and the mods.

This happened on the Shutterstock forum + the moderator left and Shutterstock's solution was to shut the forum down.

No forum, no acrimony, no hassle for Shutterstock. Solution!

As NAS is a charity, I think we are lucky to have this forum, shouldn't take it for granted, and should treasure it.

• if the mods are volunteers cant they just find more volunteers then if that happens? im sure many would want to be mods.... hell most of you are already identifying as a mod anyway lol

Reply Children