Ear plugs

I’ve recently received a formal ASD diagnosis and wanted to know what earplugs (in the ear) people use in the workplace or at home just to soften the sounds of people around you? I do use over the ear headphones too but wanted a smaller discrete option too. 

Parents
  • thought I would add my experience for what it's worth!

I've just got a pair of flare audio calmer, at first I wasn't sure if they were doing anything but there have been a few situations that I've noticed I can concentrate more when there is background noise and they do seem to take some of the edge of loud or annoying noises. I do have some sound sensitivity, but no where near what some people experience, so I don't think they would help everyone, but if you find background noise intrusive and don't like not being able to hear properly (as is the case with most ear plugs) then these are definitely worth trying.

• thought I would add my experience for what it's worth!

I've just got a pair of flare audio calmer, at first I wasn't sure if they were doing anything but there have been a few situations that I've noticed I can concentrate more when there is background noise and they do seem to take some of the edge of loud or annoying noises. I do have some sound sensitivity, but no where near what some people experience, so I don't think they would help everyone, but if you find background noise intrusive and don't like not being able to hear properly (as is the case with most ear plugs) then these are definitely worth trying.

Children
No Data