Urge to infodump

Does anyone else feel the urge to infodump when they are in social situations? For example, tonight I went to a lovely raclette evening with some people from my church and a few people were wondering where raclette cheese came from and I just felt the urge to spend 20 minutes explaining all about how it was from Switzerland and all about Swiss food and how it relates to Swiss culture. 

Then someone else started talking about visiting Argentina and I felt the urge to spend 20 minutes discussing Juan and Eva Peron and the history of Argentina.

I have learned from past experience that infodumping like this does not tend to be socially acceptable so I stopped myself from doing it but just wondered if anyone else feels the need to do this sometimes, especially in social situations 

Parents
  • I had that same issue, thankfully my [removed by moderator] father beat that out of me when I was a kid. I cannot fault him for that, infodumping is something that NT find EXTREMELY annoying. Aspies just cannot understand how annoying an infodump can be. NT have no interest in info that are not related to their survival or relevant to something they have in front of them. NT also have an attention span of about eight seconds. Being forced to listen to several minutes of monologue about something uninteresting is just torture..

• I had that same issue, thankfully my [removed by moderator] father beat that out of me when I was a kid. I cannot fault him for that, infodumping is something that NT find EXTREMELY annoying. Aspies just cannot understand how annoying an infodump can be. NT have no interest in info that are not related to their survival or relevant to something they have in front of them. NT also have an attention span of about eight seconds. Being forced to listen to several minutes of monologue about something uninteresting is just torture..

Children
No Data