What is that feeling?

I've always thought that I suffered from panic attacks. Usually in a stressful situation that I can't leave, like a form of claustrophobia.

But recently, when confronting my issues with this response I've started using earplugs in very busy places, and putting them in or taking them out feels almost like a switch to turn the panic on & off.

So, is this a meltdown I am describing, or in fact a panic attack? Do they seem the same to you? Can you differentiate between the two?

Parents
  • A meltdown usually describes an experience/event were you seem to have lost all control and cannot seem o get things under control again. This often refer to children but sometimes adults who then scream, or pull at hair, or flap hands, or bang heads on walls, or so many physically expressions seen.  This usually requires intervention to help get back under control.  
    Anxiety are reactions to some event that are often quieter- a tense feeling -a sense of confusion at what is happening, and often the person knows they are anxious and their need to handle it somehow.  When you are older, you act nervous/anxious and develop a plan- ex. Crowds make you anxious so you avoid crowds and/or make plans to handle it in the future. Often when Autistic people are anxious/ facing the freeze/ things are illogical an adult can leave the scene- breathe, and process the event.     I hope this helps. Either way- this is here seeing a professional counselor could help.

• A meltdown usually describes an experience/event were you seem to have lost all control and cannot seem o get things under control again. This often refer to children but sometimes adults who then scream, or pull at hair, or flap hands, or bang heads on walls, or so many physically expressions seen.  This usually requires intervention to help get back under control.  
    Anxiety are reactions to some event that are often quieter- a tense feeling -a sense of confusion at what is happening, and often the person knows they are anxious and their need to handle it somehow.  When you are older, you act nervous/anxious and develop a plan- ex. Crowds make you anxious so you avoid crowds and/or make plans to handle it in the future. Often when Autistic people are anxious/ facing the freeze/ things are illogical an adult can leave the scene- breathe, and process the event.     I hope this helps. Either way- this is here seeing a professional counselor could help.

Children
No Data