Forum creative space

I thought it might be nice to share our creativity.

Anything really, photography, art, writing etc etc.

Thanks to Steven for partly inspiring this thread.

Please include a visual description with any images to aid those of us with sight impairment.

Thank you.

I'll start:

Parents
  • Last one for now. A quick one I did of two best-friends, Lily and Svio, the latter having autism. A childrens' party becomes overwhelming for the boy, and Lily takes him to a quiet place where she can help him rest his senses and feel at peace.

A relatable thing I'd say

• It reminds me of the parties in school and summer camps where I was forced to be at the party with my nervous system at high alert and my body in pain. He is lucky to have a friend who helps him calm down. I love your pictures! 

• It is always a stressful time for an autistic child for sure, I've never enjoyed crowds, noise or too much excitement, and birthday parties were always a lethal cocktail of all three things. 

But she loves him, and at one point admits to him that she finds him charming and handsome, and whilst he isn't able to process those words, he never forgets them.

The two will eventually come to love, but only after a few mishaps and hardships along the way. Sviatoslav doesn't quite know what love between lovers is, so Lily has to take the lead once more and show him how, just like how she had helped him in their child years.

I'm pleased you like it nonetheless, and I hope to do more over time :) 

• It is always a stressful time for an autistic child for sure, I've never enjoyed crowds, noise or too much excitement, and birthday parties were always a lethal cocktail of all three things. 

But she loves him, and at one point admits to him that she finds him charming and handsome, and whilst he isn't able to process those words, he never forgets them.

The two will eventually come to love, but only after a few mishaps and hardships along the way. Sviatoslav doesn't quite know what love between lovers is, so Lily has to take the lead once more and show him how, just like how she had helped him in their child years.

I'm pleased you like it nonetheless, and I hope to do more over time :) 

Children
  • I remember when I was a student n a college, there was one guy who kept coming to me with questions about things that the lecturer talked about. I can write very fast, so I overcame the problems of understanding spoken words, but apparently he had issues with it. So I just gave him all the answers he needed in a shortest and clearest possible way. I had no idea about autism at that time, but I somehow intuitively assumed that he may have some auditory processing issues. I showed him how to find the information in the system so he can read it to understand. I remember some girls having fun of him, they called him sleeping beauty, they said that he is weird. Once I just told them “look at yourself, beauties”.  To me he was very polite, nice, exceptionally NORMAL! We have never talked deeper things as we both were very shy, but few times he smiled to me and said ‘hi’. I replied with smile. I always felt comfortable in his presence, maybe he also felt that way. I think few times I noticed him looking at me, also trying to sit somewhere close. Only after graduation it came to me one day: why i was so blind!? We could be good friends or even more! But yet it’s in the past. But I remember him and will not forget! 

• I love the story! If you would like to publish it I will be more than happy to read it all with your beautiful pictures!