What does the forum mean to you?

I joined here around 5 months ago.

Since that time it's come to mean different things to me.

I think sharing experiences is invaluable but equally invaluable is the honesty I find here.

It's a place where we can talk about shared experience /our emotions/difficulties in a way that's impossible in the 'real' world - or at least if we speak about it there, it's unlikely to be understood.

It's a place to connect in a world where we often find connecting difficult.

I've received some PMs recently that have made me focus more on how very important this community can be to us as individuals.

Luna RIP called this her 'forum family'.

As a person who doesn't seek friendship (?or thinks she doesn't?), some surprising and valuable friendships have evolved from here for me.

How about you?

Parents
  • I dip my toe in & out of these forum waters.  I'm not use to having a worthy opinion. I say very little which is usually misinterpreted as my being a snob. I'm more of a listener pondering whether or not what I'm hearing is making any sense to me --- it often doesn't. There are those who wish to show off their intellect which is ok with me. As a listener, I "sometimes" learn.  My first wife left me because I was boring. I guess we had nothing intellectually to offer each other. My current wife is highly opinionated and argumentative about everything. She offers rebuttle to anything I say which is why I've been brow beaten to the point of saying little. I can unload here on this forum without fear of knee jerk contradiction. 

I wasn't conversed with much during my upbringing. This, complimented by my recently diagnosed autism (two years ago) has, in my winter years provided me with answers to my mostly friendless, lonely life. I lost my older brother some years ago. He was more a father to me than my father who returned a broken man on medical discharge from WW2 before my birth in 1945.  

You lot are my adopted brothers/sisters where I can freely communicate without fear.

• That’s beautiful man, thank you. I feel exactly the same way, as my ponderings and venting on here, has tempered me for conversations with opposers in the real world.. This forum has given me strength..

• the real world

hmmm.....  yes, that place  ........ I think I'll stop here.

Ben

• That’s the glory of this virtual-world, you can just ‘stop here’, this is an uncommonly validating and responsive simulator..

Reply Children