Employed or self employed

Since being diagnosed with autism my head been whirling about everything especially about employment.   I have had terrible experiences with jobs in the past with only one being a positive experience in employment.  I am currently registered as self-employed with  my freelance writing but I need to get into regular routine again but I feel I need to get a job again as it would give more structure to my day again. I don't know what to do if I should do both self employed and employed so confused as before lockdown I was in university and it gave me structure.  

Really need some advice? 

Parents

I don't work because it becomes overwhelming for me but the loss of routine it difficult.  I'd say knowing what triggers you and what motivates you is a good place to start.  You know what ultimately makes you struggle but writing seems to be something you love.  See you you go and remember to be aware of what you can and can't deal with. 

Best of luck, I'm envious of those who can work.  I volunteer which is similar I guess.... :-)

I don't work because it becomes overwhelming for me but the loss of routine it difficult.  I'd say knowing what triggers you and what motivates you is a good place to start.  You know what ultimately makes you struggle but writing seems to be something you love.  See you you go and remember to be aware of what you can and can't deal with. 

Best of luck, I'm envious of those who can work.  I volunteer which is similar I guess.... :-)

Children
  • Now that I'm retired I am reaching out for volunteer work after doing very little for almost two years of physically and mentally turning into mush. As you may rightly guess, my biggest concern as an autistic is my    awkward engagement and reactions with people.  Perhaps I should by now be preconditioned to others responses towards myself but it will mean adopting one of my many masks which I have been trying to eliminate. In view of past negative experiences, I'm not comfortable "baring my soul" to neurotypicals with an admission of my autism.  My M.O. of keeping my distance is why I am usually thought of as stand offish or even as snobbish (which is very far from the truth). My M.O. is simply a convenient choice towards a path of least resistance and I fear is a continued cross I must carry---despite being JewishLaughing