Travelling/holidays

Do you enjoy going abroad and/or travelling within your own country?

I've only been to a few countries in my life, all in Europe.

So, what makes you feel you need to have a 'holiday' in another place from home?

Some of my motivations:

1.  Because it's the 'done thing' so I think a part of it was to fit in with the 'crowd'.

2.  To experience other cultures and see some beauty in the world (that was Italy).

Against:

1.  I hate the journey.

2.  I worry about leaving my home untended.

3.  I feel deeply disorientated by hotel rooms etc.

4.  I feel deeply disorientated by being in 'strange' places.

5.  I feel deeply disorientated by the change in routine.

6.  I hate heat and don't swim so beach holidays are out.

7.  Financial restraints.

I think I get less stressed by travelling in the UK, with knowing I can get home quickly if required.

How about you?

Parents
  • I know I’d mentioned something about this before but travelling solo, I’d watched a lot of travel videos for both train travel and air travel and even if it means paying a bit extra, it’s always better to travel first class or business class where possible - most train stations and airports have first class lounges if travelling on a first class ticket and it’s perfect for us with autism - if we have disabled ID and if we present this at the time of booking we can (and should) get a free upgrade (which I’d love to see this being made a legal requirement will all train companies and airlines) I personally find travelling very stressful as it is and having seen a lot of videos of first class air travel in particular, ones that stand out for me is the British Airways Concorde Lounge at London Heathrow, the first class lounges offered by Singapore Airlines and Emirates and many of the lounges offered by train operating companies in the U.K. - first class carraiges of U.K. trains are generally quieter and the business class/first class cabins of many aircraft are also way quieter - the Concorde Room at Heathrow has direct aircraft access via its own gate and is so classy , I could easily imagine celebs like Kylie Minogue going through there on her way to Melbourne via Singapore or Dubai (Kylie is known to sleep on such long haul flights, as she always travels at least at Business Class, if not First Class) 

• I know I’d mentioned something about this before but travelling solo, I’d watched a lot of travel videos for both train travel and air travel and even if it means paying a bit extra, it’s always better to travel first class or business class where possible - most train stations and airports have first class lounges if travelling on a first class ticket and it’s perfect for us with autism - if we have disabled ID and if we present this at the time of booking we can (and should) get a free upgrade (which I’d love to see this being made a legal requirement will all train companies and airlines) I personally find travelling very stressful as it is and having seen a lot of videos of first class air travel in particular, ones that stand out for me is the British Airways Concorde Lounge at London Heathrow, the first class lounges offered by Singapore Airlines and Emirates and many of the lounges offered by train operating companies in the U.K. - first class carraiges of U.K. trains are generally quieter and the business class/first class cabins of many aircraft are also way quieter - the Concorde Room at Heathrow has direct aircraft access via its own gate and is so classy , I could easily imagine celebs like Kylie Minogue going through there on her way to Melbourne via Singapore or Dubai (Kylie is known to sleep on such long haul flights, as she always travels at least at Business Class, if not First Class) 

Children
No Data