Travelling/holidays

Do you enjoy going abroad and/or travelling within your own country?

I've only been to a few countries in my life, all in Europe.

So, what makes you feel you need to have a 'holiday' in another place from home?

Some of my motivations:

1.  Because it's the 'done thing' so I think a part of it was to fit in with the 'crowd'.

2.  To experience other cultures and see some beauty in the world (that was Italy).

Against:

1.  I hate the journey.

2.  I worry about leaving my home untended.

3.  I feel deeply disorientated by hotel rooms etc.

4.  I feel deeply disorientated by being in 'strange' places.

5.  I feel deeply disorientated by the change in routine.

6.  I hate heat and don't swim so beach holidays are out.

7.  Financial restraints.

I think I get less stressed by travelling in the UK, with knowing I can get home quickly if required.

How about you?

Parents
  • I like the idea of going on holiday but its also very anxious to think about

I worry about the heat

Worry about large gatherings of people

Don't like the noise on holiday parks

Don't like different places

But I dolike holidays. I like the seaside and I love seeing seagulls and having ice cream

• I dislike the hassle of flying and air travel as much as the hassle of non-direct trains from Manchester to Holyhead or not being able to get a direct train to Liverpool and jump on a ferry to Dublin (all the way from the Mersey up the Liffey at high tide) or into Dun Laoire for the DART trains into Dublin - once in Ireland, connecting with our country’s history and traditional Irish culture and heritage and of course, our Catholic faith and with my family in Rural Ireland - I’m watching developments with the high speed rail tunnel from Holyhead to Dublin and thier newer DART underground as alternatives to air travel so these look very promising 

• I dislike the hassle of flying and air travel as much as the hassle of non-direct trains from Manchester to Holyhead or not being able to get a direct train to Liverpool and jump on a ferry to Dublin (all the way from the Mersey up the Liffey at high tide) or into Dun Laoire for the DART trains into Dublin - once in Ireland, connecting with our country’s history and traditional Irish culture and heritage and of course, our Catholic faith and with my family in Rural Ireland - I’m watching developments with the high speed rail tunnel from Holyhead to Dublin and thier newer DART underground as alternatives to air travel so these look very promising 

Children
No Data