Travelling/holidays

Do you enjoy going abroad and/or travelling within your own country?

I've only been to a few countries in my life, all in Europe.

So, what makes you feel you need to have a 'holiday' in another place from home?

Some of my motivations:

1.  Because it's the 'done thing' so I think a part of it was to fit in with the 'crowd'.

2.  To experience other cultures and see some beauty in the world (that was Italy).

Against:

1.  I hate the journey.

2.  I worry about leaving my home untended.

3.  I feel deeply disorientated by hotel rooms etc.

4.  I feel deeply disorientated by being in 'strange' places.

5.  I feel deeply disorientated by the change in routine.

6.  I hate heat and don't swim so beach holidays are out.

7.  Financial restraints.

I think I get less stressed by travelling in the UK, with knowing I can get home quickly if required.

How about you?

Parents
  • ah coincidently i have been feeling a itch for a holiday, although i havent had one in.... maybe 10 plus years lol
    it makes me feel it will make me feel less depressed but it probably wont unless i stay there without time limit and a job demanding me back after a time. life is better and less depressing when you can just feck off and not care about time constraints and take your time and do whatever. need to be a millionaire for that though as normal people have to get back to work.

i dont travel though but theres nothing within 1 single train distance of me worth going to.

• ah coincidently i have been feeling a itch for a holiday, although i havent had one in.... maybe 10 plus years lol
    it makes me feel it will make me feel less depressed but it probably wont unless i stay there without time limit and a job demanding me back after a time. life is better and less depressing when you can just feck off and not care about time constraints and take your time and do whatever. need to be a millionaire for that though as normal people have to get back to work.

i dont travel though but theres nothing within 1 single train distance of me worth going to.

Children
  • The continued train disruptions here in the U.K. are certainly of concern and living alone in the U.K. 20 years make me think twice about going home to Ireland on SailRail as often as I’d like, as both overnight Coach & Sail (which has become much more expensive) and air travel since Covid have become more unpredictable and less reliable - I’ve written to a few of the ferry and rail operators suggesting various improvements to the SailRail product offering for example