Travelling/holidays

Do you enjoy going abroad and/or travelling within your own country?

I've only been to a few countries in my life, all in Europe.

So, what makes you feel you need to have a 'holiday' in another place from home?

Some of my motivations:

1.  Because it's the 'done thing' so I think a part of it was to fit in with the 'crowd'.

2.  To experience other cultures and see some beauty in the world (that was Italy).

Against:

1.  I hate the journey.

2.  I worry about leaving my home untended.

3.  I feel deeply disorientated by hotel rooms etc.

4.  I feel deeply disorientated by being in 'strange' places.

5.  I feel deeply disorientated by the change in routine.

6.  I hate heat and don't swim so beach holidays are out.

7.  Financial restraints.

I think I get less stressed by travelling in the UK, with knowing I can get home quickly if required.

How about you?

Parents
  • Living alone in the U.K. for 20 years at age 52 (later in life online diagnosis during Covid) all of my family are in the Republic of Ireland and while I’d happily travel on my own via overnight coach, SailRail or flying before Covid during my years in retailing and up to early October 2022, given my experience of being stranded for 2 days at Holyhead on my return from Dublin due to the train strike, unable to get back to Manchester, because travel has become so much more risky and unpredictable, I’d never again attempt to travel without a chaperone - having worked in a hotel for just over a year now, we have had so many flight disruptions during 2022 staying at our hotel which is another big warning about travel going forward 

• Living alone in the U.K. for 20 years at age 52 (later in life online diagnosis during Covid) all of my family are in the Republic of Ireland and while I’d happily travel on my own via overnight coach, SailRail or flying before Covid during my years in retailing and up to early October 2022, given my experience of being stranded for 2 days at Holyhead on my return from Dublin due to the train strike, unable to get back to Manchester, because travel has become so much more risky and unpredictable, I’d never again attempt to travel without a chaperone - having worked in a hotel for just over a year now, we have had so many flight disruptions during 2022 staying at our hotel which is another big warning about travel going forward 

Children
No Data