Who/what do you feel the most kinship/connection with?

Me (in order of importance):

1.  Animals (excluding humans).

2.  Nature (especially trees).

3.  People who are (I can't think of the correct word) : disenfranchised, marginalised, vulnerable, different, 'outsiders', come to mind.

4.  Some of the rest of human society.

What about you?

Parents
  • Wildfowl - ducks, swans and geese. I have a real connection and empathy with them, it is like we can actually communicate with each other and they seem drawn to me and to trust me. I once had a goose try to sit in my lap and I had a swan bring her cygnets over for me to handfeed them which is really unusual cos they are very protective of their young

Other autistic people cos you just get it

My wife

My autistic son 

People who society thinks have failed at life and people who are outcasts in society like the homeless and unemployed

My parents and uncle most of the time 

Animals in general, particularly hippos 

My cuddly plush animals 

German culture 

Other than that, NT people are a foreign species to me. I only know how to communicate with them through mirroring how they talk to each other. I observe them and their behaviour with a mixture of interest and bafflement in the same way that naturalists observe monkeys in the rainforest 

• Wildfowl - ducks, swans and geese. I have a real connection and empathy with them, it is like we can actually communicate with each other and they seem drawn to me and to trust me. I once had a goose try to sit in my lap and I had a swan bring her cygnets over for me to handfeed them which is really unusual cos they are very protective of their young

Other autistic people cos you just get it

My wife

My autistic son 

People who society thinks have failed at life and people who are outcasts in society like the homeless and unemployed

My parents and uncle most of the time 

Animals in general, particularly hippos 

My cuddly plush animals 

German culture 

Other than that, NT people are a foreign species to me. I only know how to communicate with them through mirroring how they talk to each other. I observe them and their behaviour with a mixture of interest and bafflement in the same way that naturalists observe monkeys in the rainforest 

Children
No Data