Who/what do you feel the most kinship/connection with?

Me (in order of importance):

1.  Animals (excluding humans).

2.  Nature (especially trees).

3.  People who are (I can't think of the correct word) : disenfranchised, marginalised, vulnerable, different, 'outsiders', come to mind.

4.  Some of the rest of human society.

What about you?

Parents
  • The short answer is “Almost no one.” The longer answer:

As Franz Kafka said, “I have hardly anything in common with myself”.

• My wife. She is genuinely the only person who really “gets” me and is on the same wavelength, so I can unmask with her.
    • Intellectuals, particularly ones who are dead, eccentric and/or Jewish, most especially those who were probably neurodiverse or mentally ill.
    • Lonely people. I would say “marginalised” etc., but it sounds awkward.
    • Children (but only quiet, well-behaved ones).
    • I do genuinely try to care about everyone and feel obligation to care for them.

I don’t feel any connection with animals. They often frighten me. I find them unpredictable, especially dogs. I didn’t have any pets (except fish) as a child, plus I’ve been attacked by dogs and by a duck and twice had apples stolen from my hands from goats, so maybe that’s it.

• The short answer is “Almost no one.” The longer answer:

As Franz Kafka said, “I have hardly anything in common with myself”.

• My wife. She is genuinely the only person who really “gets” me and is on the same wavelength, so I can unmask with her.
    • Intellectuals, particularly ones who are dead, eccentric and/or Jewish, most especially those who were probably neurodiverse or mentally ill.
    • Lonely people. I would say “marginalised” etc., but it sounds awkward.
    • Children (but only quiet, well-behaved ones).
    • I do genuinely try to care about everyone and feel obligation to care for them.

I don’t feel any connection with animals. They often frighten me. I find them unpredictable, especially dogs. I didn’t have any pets (except fish) as a child, plus I’ve been attacked by dogs and by a duck and twice had apples stolen from my hands from goats, so maybe that’s it.

Children
No Data