Who/what do you feel the most kinship/connection with?

Me (in order of importance):

1.  Animals (excluding humans).

2.  Nature (especially trees).

3.  People who are (I can't think of the correct word) : disenfranchised, marginalised, vulnerable, different, 'outsiders', come to mind.

4.  Some of the rest of human society.

What about you?

Parents
  • Definitely other autistics on such a deep level. I feel  a magnetic connection to my neurokin, I felt this before I even knew I was autistic. I can connect with other autistics in a way that is not possible with other neurotypes (you just ‘get it’) and that feels beautiful and so meaningful.

People who are (I can't think of the correct word) : disenfranchised, marginalised, vulnerable, different, 'outsiders', come to mind.

I also agree with this, I definitely feel I can connect with these people because they are often misunderstood like we as an autistic community are.

I also feel like I can relate to non speaking people/ anyone who experiences communication differences regardless of reason because I understand how difficult/frustrating it can be to not be able to get your message across easily/be misunderstood. 

To some extent I feel like I can relate to non speaking autistics with apraxia on a deep level because sometimes they seem to be more authentically autistic (no masking) and free. I love this it is beautiful! I would be great in a hypothetical world  if the majority of our community were safe enough to be authentically autistic too.

Thanks for starting such a great discussion!

• Definitely other autistics on such a deep level. I feel  a magnetic connection to my neurokin, I felt this before I even knew I was autistic. I can connect with other autistics in a way that is not possible with other neurotypes (you just ‘get it’) and that feels beautiful and so meaningful.

People who are (I can't think of the correct word) : disenfranchised, marginalised, vulnerable, different, 'outsiders', come to mind.

I also agree with this, I definitely feel I can connect with these people because they are often misunderstood like we as an autistic community are.

I also feel like I can relate to non speaking people/ anyone who experiences communication differences regardless of reason because I understand how difficult/frustrating it can be to not be able to get your message across easily/be misunderstood. 

To some extent I feel like I can relate to non speaking autistics with apraxia on a deep level because sometimes they seem to be more authentically autistic (no masking) and free. I love this it is beautiful! I would be great in a hypothetical world  if the majority of our community were safe enough to be authentically autistic too.

Thanks for starting such a great discussion!

Children
No Data