Loud Noises

Does anybody have any experience with noise and anger?

Loud noises can sometimes send me into an absolute rage. Its not all noises, I like music and even like it loud sometimes. But other noises such as ice-cream van chimes or church bells affect me very badly. I don’t know if its an ASD thing or a normal reaction to sounds I don’t like.

I used to just try and ignore it and carry on, but I think I am getting less tolerant as I am getting older. I used to just try and push through it and carry on, but now even the tannoy in a supermarket makes me have to leave my shopping and go home.

Parents
  • Mike,

Yes! I get really angry because our neighbours leave their dog outside to bark.  I feel raging because the poor animal is distressed and it's being ignored! I also feel irritated when my daughter listens to the youtuber "ss sniperwolf", who I call ss shiterwolf.  Her accent is so whiney that it actually causes me to rage internally which's exhausting.  I politely ask my daughter to wear her headphones when watching her phone because otherwise I get very frustrated inside.  I'm lucky in that I can escape to another room to calm down.  I avoid shops at certain times because it can be pretty overwhelming.  I'm lucky that I'm not experiencing panic attacks at the moment but I put this down to my diet, the fact I choose when to get shopping and that I am not working so I can concentrate looking after my Autistic daughter to the best of my ability. 

I shopped today in the afternoon which was reasonably quiet except for some idiot wheeling a loud squeaky trolley around.  My shopping was done pronto!!! 

• Mike,

Yes! I get really angry because our neighbours leave their dog outside to bark.  I feel raging because the poor animal is distressed and it's being ignored! I also feel irritated when my daughter listens to the youtuber "ss sniperwolf", who I call ss shiterwolf.  Her accent is so whiney that it actually causes me to rage internally which's exhausting.  I politely ask my daughter to wear her headphones when watching her phone because otherwise I get very frustrated inside.  I'm lucky in that I can escape to another room to calm down.  I avoid shops at certain times because it can be pretty overwhelming.  I'm lucky that I'm not experiencing panic attacks at the moment but I put this down to my diet, the fact I choose when to get shopping and that I am not working so I can concentrate looking after my Autistic daughter to the best of my ability. 

I shopped today in the afternoon which was reasonably quiet except for some idiot wheeling a loud squeaky trolley around.  My shopping was done pronto!!! 

Children
No Data