Ghosting - Presumably a more prevalent [or more fiercely felt] experience in the autistic population?

These questions presented themselves from within the recent tread about new users not responding to our writings or advice (originated within ‘Anybody need some advice from the voice of reason ?)

“Ghosting” is when someone just doesn’t respond to you at all despite you fully expecting them to do so, in any event.  I would distinguish "ghosting" from blocking or outright ignoring someone.  I would equate the feeling of "ghosting" to feeling like you have been overtly given the advice to "take the hint, mate."

I hate the experience…..SO many unanswered questions...and you should be polite and not push for an explanation?  Right??

Parents
  • With regard to the forum, I disabled all my notifications and then, because I can't keep up with reading all the threads, enabled them again so that I'd get notifications when people reply to my comments.

However, although enabled, I don't get these notifications.

So, I'm not ghosting anyone if I don't reply. 

I just haven't seen the comment.

Unless directly asked a question, quite often I 'like' the reply to my comment, in order to signify that I've read it and am acknowledging it.

The only set still disabled is 'Activity from Subscriptions' as I have no idea WT* this is.  It talks about 'blogs' and 'ideations' (I didn't know that was even a word).

Any idea on that anyone?  Should it all be enabled?

Any advice on this would be useful as I would like to acknowledge when people directly mention me or reply directly to me.

Thanks.

• With regard to the forum, I disabled all my notifications and then, because I can't keep up with reading all the threads, enabled them again so that I'd get notifications when people reply to my comments.

However, although enabled, I don't get these notifications.

So, I'm not ghosting anyone if I don't reply. 

I just haven't seen the comment.

Unless directly asked a question, quite often I 'like' the reply to my comment, in order to signify that I've read it and am acknowledging it.

The only set still disabled is 'Activity from Subscriptions' as I have no idea WT* this is.  It talks about 'blogs' and 'ideations' (I didn't know that was even a word).

Any idea on that anyone?  Should it all be enabled?

Any advice on this would be useful as I would like to acknowledge when people directly mention me or reply directly to me.

Thanks.

Children
No Data