Autopia!

I was watching this Aucademy video last night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPo-f4Ea4-U

They were discussing what an ideal world for autistic people would look like. The suggestions on the PowerPoint slides made perfect sense to me and I would love to live in such a place.

Imagine a world where all communication was clear and straightforward. Everyone would have their own space. Nature and animals would be cared for. Best of all it would be quiet!

Please share any comments or suggestions of what your ideal world might be like. Particularly any changes that might be realistically achievable on the planet we are stuck on for the time being

Parents Reply Children
  • I have given this some thought. Have you heard of land covenants? When you sell land you can make conditions on how the land is used. Provided the first buyer agrees to it these conditions are binding on all future owners.

you could in theory buy up a large city sized piece of countryside and sell off chunks to developers under a covenant that it can only be used as a residence if at least one resident is autistic. In effect you’d have an area in which every occupied house had to have at least one autistic person in it.