Better for you now or in the past?

I've borrowed this question from something intimated in another thread.

Do you think life has improved for you as you have grown older?

Is it because society has changed or you/your life have changed or a combination?

There was a comparison in another thread with 1980.

I realise some of the readers here won't even have been born then!

I could write a long list of ways in which my life has improved since 1980, both on a personal level and on a 'society' level.

Where 'society' is concerned, the invention of the internet has made me much less isolated, much more knowledgeable, much more in control of my health and not at the mercy of the NHS.

I wouldn't know about my autism and many other things without it.

Also, mobile phones/texting and email mean that I no longer have to make phone calls (including from phone boxes!).

I could go on but I might even bore myself.

There is really very little I miss about 1980, except perhaps a quieter pace of life in general.

It's an interesting question and we all have a past, no matter how far back it goes.

How is it for you.

Better or worse?

Parents
  • Also, something which I find difficult (or frustrating or annoying) is that everything has to be a *thing* nowadays. Like....people don't just seem content these days for margarita pizza or vanilla ice cream. It has to be pulled pork stuffed crust hand rolled in unicorn glitter ***. Everything has to be bigged up or have its own brand...including people. I know someone who drives half an hour at least once a week to a particular shop for nothing in particular because it's so *amazing*. I blame social media for this one. It has made people more conspicuous in their consumption because it has to be shared on instagram and liked (validated). Or people see it and they want a slice.  As stuff gets more and more saturated,  it has to be set apart from everything else but at the same time nothing seems special anymore. Even my friends who purport to be "against the tide" when it comes to trends still partake in this nonsense. 

• It has to be pulled pork stuffed crust hand rolled in unicorn glitter ***.

I agree.

LOL.  Where can I get some?

Blush

Reply Children
No Data