Autism + ADHD combined female presentation- What's your lived experience?

Hi, 

I'm currently being assessed for Autism (I'm female and in my late 40's) and it's been suggested that I may also reach the threshold for ADHD. 

My understanding of the combined presentation of autism plus ADHD is limited at this stage.

I would love to hear from females who have this combined type, their strengths, challenges and things that they have discovered to them help manage their difficulties. 

Many thanks,

S

Parents
  • I was only diagnosed as AuDHD this year and was shocked by the Autistic part of the diagnosis.  My strengths are great attention to detail including financial matters.  However I don’t cope well with crowds, people who lie or shift blame, holidaying away from home and people who say ‘You must only be a little bit Autistic’.

• I was only diagnosed as AuDHD this year and was shocked by the Autistic part of the diagnosis.  My strengths are great attention to detail including financial matters.  However I don’t cope well with crowds, people who lie or shift blame, holidaying away from home and people who say ‘You must only be a little bit Autistic’.

Children
No Data