Benefits + support for Autistic Spectrum Disorder

Hi. I have only been looking at what is available in England but really, if you are able to function in the home and have worked in the past, I think that the financial support ie benefits + any other type of support = 0

I've read again and again on these forums about the lack of any support for people who are 'functional'.

I gave up work because of stress but I am lucky because my circumstances changed to allow me to.

However, many autistic adults still have to try to function in a working environment no matter how stressful.

It really is the 'hidden disability'.

Does anyone know anything different?

Thanks

Parents
  • There are two everyday 'benefits' to my diagnosis, I no longer feel guilty about using disabled toilets and my family got fast-tracked through airport security because of my autism. That's all that has been of help to me so far, and I'm not optimistic of anything much else. If you are capable of functioning you are ignored, there is no allowance for how much appearing to function exhausts, stresses or mentally harms you.

• There are two everyday 'benefits' to my diagnosis, I no longer feel guilty about using disabled toilets and my family got fast-tracked through airport security because of my autism. That's all that has been of help to me so far, and I'm not optimistic of anything much else. If you are capable of functioning you are ignored, there is no allowance for how much appearing to function exhausts, stresses or mentally harms you.

Children
No Data