How do you cope with exhaustion?

I'm into my older years now so suffer from tiredness anyway but I find myself exhausted more often and I'm sure it is the autism. I'm interested to hear how you cope with this? I found it stops me doing the things I want to do and I end up sleeping more. It's frustrating because I really want to do things but I can't because of the exhaustion.

Parents
  • I wish I knew the answer to this. About 2 years ago I realised I became completely exhausted all of the time, I’m now presuming after years of dealing with autism (which I’ve only this year looked into and recently been diagnosed) that it’s very likely me being burnout.  I thought I was ill for a long time, though I never went to the doctor as I knew me telling them that I’m so tired all of the time and achey would just result in them telling me it was because I was getting older. Though at nearly 50 I wouldn’t have thought that would be the case. But it’s like I never wake up anymore feeling refreshed, even going for a walk for an hour leaves me completely drained afterwards and struggling to get anything else done throughout the day. 

• I wish I knew the answer to this. About 2 years ago I realised I became completely exhausted all of the time, I’m now presuming after years of dealing with autism (which I’ve only this year looked into and recently been diagnosed) that it’s very likely me being burnout.  I thought I was ill for a long time, though I never went to the doctor as I knew me telling them that I’m so tired all of the time and achey would just result in them telling me it was because I was getting older. Though at nearly 50 I wouldn’t have thought that would be the case. But it’s like I never wake up anymore feeling refreshed, even going for a walk for an hour leaves me completely drained afterwards and struggling to get anything else done throughout the day. 

Children
No Data