Meltdowns

This may be a hard one to answer but how do you guys avoid meltdowns/ being overstimulated to have a panic attack? If you do

like changed in bevaiour you could make leading up to one, either to make them not as bad or to stop them from happening. They sometimes creep up on me and they’re very scary sometimes. I need to stop having them as they’re affecting me and making me depressed. I don’t live in an autistic friendly household yet, but I’m hoping to ask for changes

thank you to anyone who can input. No pressure tho.

I would also like ot say this is a really amazing and supportive community I am so glad to be a part of

• I need time to myself.

Overloaded; at this moment. And I have s**t to do; after 8 pm.

• I need to remove myself - and quite quickly - from wherever I am.  I can normally achieve this calmly because people tend not to challenge or question that sort of behaviour from me.  Then, I need to walk (quite aimlessly if necessary, sometimes in circles) and allow my brain to cycle through its issue.  There is something about "forward motion" that seems to help me calm my brain back into a more rational speed.  Driving also works for me.

• Take 10 deep breaths when you realise you are becoming anxious.  This should help.

• in my case the only thing that works is prevention, I know what can make me go meltdown and I avoid situations when it can happen, at work I hide in a toilet until I'm calmed down again

and overstimulated I find actually pleasant, it's like being high for me, though dealing with people is not possible when I'm like that, and if someone tries to pester me I run away

depression usually happens as an outcome of many things adding up, it's hard to avoid them all, or as a result of burnout, then it's over long period of time and it's though to deal with it