What are peoples 'special' interests?

Im curious to know what other peoples interests/hobbys are.  Recently I have been studying/growing mushrooms/mycology.  

Before that, it was keeping/breeding tarantulas and invertebrates.  I also have a vast knowledge of insectivorous plants.  As a kid, i practically knew every football player who played in each team.  Was obcessed.  Not so much now.  

So, what is everyone else like to study or spend time one?

Parents
  • Almost anything if it's weird enough

1. anime / manga
    2. science (almost every kind, weirder the better)
    3. science fiction (especially some of the quirkier retro stuff)
    4. law / politics (but only the controversial / ethically difficult stuff) 
    5. quirky Korean / east asian tv dramas.
    6. Ancient history
    7. video games (especially old ones and under appreciated genres (RTS, visual novel, photorealistic adventure, flight sim, puzzles, detective / mystery games, RPGs (dialogue driven)))
    8. sociology / anthropology but only the really weird / taboo stuff, trans humanism and biohacking for instance.
    9. Lost media and how standards change over time.
    10. cosplay (I don't do it much but I'd like to)
  • Read into advanced civillilisations, very interested in conciousness transfer.  Must be a thing in our future?

• I'm dubious. Even if you could transfer memories (big if) I'm not convinced that would equate to transferring personality.

• I'm also dubious, but definitely open to the possibility.  There is some pretty interesting stuff to be read out there and science continues its march into the unknown!

Reply Children
No Data