What are peoples 'special' interests?

Im curious to know what other peoples interests/hobbys are.  Recently I have been studying/growing mushrooms/mycology.  

Before that, it was keeping/breeding tarantulas and invertebrates.  I also have a vast knowledge of insectivorous plants.  As a kid, i practically knew every football player who played in each team.  Was obcessed.  Not so much now.  

So, what is everyone else like to study or spend time one?

Parents
  • My constant interest has been collecting rocks and minerals. I’ve done this for as long as I can remember.

A more recent interest (the past 10 years) has been in woodworking. Self taught, so very basic stuff I’m sure.

My most recent has been reading about autism and the autistic experience (I received recommendations on here, so have been working through several books). It’s been quite an intense focus, hence why I haven’t really posted on here for a while.

A frustrating interest was the weather during the heat wave. It’s all I ever looked at, read about and thought about. I’m slowly moving away from it now though.

• I had a thorough and robust "deep dive" going on for the two years of Covid shenanigans, into.....yes, Covid.  Had my own data analysis set-up and have a substantial back catalogue of newspaper clippings (aka screenshots) showing how reporting - both mainstream and alternative - evolved over the period.  I've let that go.

• I had a thorough and robust "deep dive" going on for the two years of Covid shenanigans, into.....yes, Covid.  Had my own data analysis set-up and have a substantial back catalogue of newspaper clippings (aka screenshots) showing how reporting - both mainstream and alternative - evolved over the period.  I've let that go.

Children
No Data