What are peoples 'special' interests?

Im curious to know what other peoples interests/hobbys are.  Recently I have been studying/growing mushrooms/mycology.  

Before that, it was keeping/breeding tarantulas and invertebrates.  I also have a vast knowledge of insectivorous plants.  As a kid, i practically knew every football player who played in each team.  Was obcessed.  Not so much now.  

So, what is everyone else like to study or spend time one?

Parents
  • They do the rounds, each one obsessively followed until something else interrupts. Then it goes back in the cupboard, but will come out again months or years later. 

I knit for England whether England needs jumpers or not...

Then a lead on my family tree crops up, drop knitting and spend two years glued to my Ancestry account doggedly cracking problems by endlessly cross referencing data and thinking out side the box...

Then hit family tree brick wall, get side tracked by say religion or linguistics or something, decide I absolutely must do another OU qualification. That'll consume my every waking but non working second for a couple of years during which I buy and read ( cause I must collect, not loan from a library) a vast amount of books. Take exam, after which I collapse a bit, then ...

Obessesively watch star trek or start sewing to apparently relax, but the wardrobe will soon be stuffed full of more cookie clothes than I can ever wear... 

Currently, can't stop reading bios written by autistic people and seriously thinking about yet another post grad, this time in Autism..I probably will...

Give me a couple of years though and I'll go back to my pursuit of the perfect pair of crochet socks. Yes, it's possible to cochet rather than knit socks; I've even designed patterns. My last sock binge lasted 18 months. I produced a pair a week while on the bus to work. All my nearest and dearest got socks, whether they wanted or needed them or not, lol

• They do the rounds, each one obsessively followed until something else interrupts. Then it goes back in the cupboard, but will come out again months or years later. 

I knit for England whether England needs jumpers or not...

Then a lead on my family tree crops up, drop knitting and spend two years glued to my Ancestry account doggedly cracking problems by endlessly cross referencing data and thinking out side the box...

Then hit family tree brick wall, get side tracked by say religion or linguistics or something, decide I absolutely must do another OU qualification. That'll consume my every waking but non working second for a couple of years during which I buy and read ( cause I must collect, not loan from a library) a vast amount of books. Take exam, after which I collapse a bit, then ...

Obessesively watch star trek or start sewing to apparently relax, but the wardrobe will soon be stuffed full of more cookie clothes than I can ever wear... 

Currently, can't stop reading bios written by autistic people and seriously thinking about yet another post grad, this time in Autism..I probably will...

Give me a couple of years though and I'll go back to my pursuit of the perfect pair of crochet socks. Yes, it's possible to cochet rather than knit socks; I've even designed patterns. My last sock binge lasted 18 months. I produced a pair a week while on the bus to work. All my nearest and dearest got socks, whether they wanted or needed them or not, lol

Children
No Data