What are peoples 'special' interests?

Im curious to know what other peoples interests/hobbys are.  Recently I have been studying/growing mushrooms/mycology.  

Before that, it was keeping/breeding tarantulas and invertebrates.  I also have a vast knowledge of insectivorous plants.  As a kid, i practically knew every football player who played in each team.  Was obcessed.  Not so much now.  

So, what is everyone else like to study or spend time one?

Parents
  • Doctor Who. Since I was no age (I'm almost 45 now). Made the metamorphosis from fan to megafan when it failed to turn up on telly in 1990, and I went looking for answers. Obsessive fact-gathering and acquisition of every episode soon followed. It's a life-long addiction for sure, and it's got a bit of everything: lore, production minutiae, the time capsule representation of every era across many media, and even a bit of archaeology - occasional 'lost' (we have the audio) episode recoveries in dusty old film cans in foreign countries.

Many of my other interests (other cult tv, enjoyment of synth soundtracks, biographies of specific people) can all be traced back to Who as a sort of spiritual epicentre. Other interests have come and gone, or stayed but been a little more peripheral, but Doctor Who and all to do with it remains the key constant. It's been with me through good times and bad - I'll never desert it.

• I agree with most of this (not so interested in non-TV <i>Doctor Who</i>, except for the DWM comic strip), also that a lot of other interests connect with <i>Doctor Who</i> somehow, with one exception, which is my interest in Judaism, Jewish history etc..

• I agree with most of this (not so interested in non-TV <i>Doctor Who</i>, except for the DWM comic strip), also that a lot of other interests connect with <i>Doctor Who</i> somehow, with one exception, which is my interest in Judaism, Jewish history etc..

Children
No Data