Why does there seem to be a high proportion of paedophiles with autism or aspergers?

I've been watching a lot of the paedophile hunter sting videos lately and almost all of the people they catch either have autism, ADHD , or in some cases a more severe learning difficulty. 

Obviously not all autistic people are paedophiles , and not all paedophiles are autistic but why is there perhaps a disproportionately high number of child sex offenders who are on the autistic spectrum? 

Parents
  • i can tell you why. it’s because people who are autistic often get fixated on something and also have much lower social/emotional levels than the rest of the others in society and thus develop much slower vis-a-vis their developmental delay.

Persons with pedophilia often get fixated on a particular age and often with themselves in an idealized state. I have worked as a therapist with people who had commuter such sex offenses, both juveniles and adults, and while of course not everyone who is autistic has pedophilia amd not everyone with the sexual origination toward children/pedophilia is autistic, there is a very strong correlation between autism and peritonitis 

• What's yer appendix got to do with child molesting?

Is peritonitis a typo?

Reply Children
No Data