Underestimating Meditation

I've been on this forum for a few years now and, so many of the conversations about meltdowns / shutdowns I've been involved with seem to include chat about trying meditation once or twice as a solution / remedy and 'it not working for me'. So I thought I dedicate a thread specifically to it.

I write this because it has taken me to do the same, try, lose interest, and consider it not right for me, for the past 12-15 years.

It was only after about 6/7 years I realised that I just needed to include it in my daily routine, everyday, even days when I feel so hyped up I don't see any immediate benefit in it, that it has had a knock on effect.

Emotions become something I now observe arriving, I question my compulsions before I react. It has retrained my natural tendancy to react in physical ways, be it behavioural or physiological. It has put my IBD into remission for years, much to the Dr's disbelief.

It has done something to me I can't explain, but it took committing to it 100% to reach that point.

So, in short, I recommend it to all of you. Even those of you reading this saying 'oh no, it definitely doesn't work for me'. I said the same, I was wrong

Pray

Parents
  • I find active meditations to be really great as well and especially if you have a lot of energy(like me). Dynamic Meditation has been really great for my wellbeing ALTHOUGH it can be a lot at first. And it looks a little crazy. It’s very logical though and it really pays off once you start getting the hang of it.

• I find active meditations to be really great as well and especially if you have a lot of energy(like me). Dynamic Meditation has been really great for my wellbeing ALTHOUGH it can be a lot at first. And it looks a little crazy. It’s very logical though and it really pays off once you start getting the hang of it.

Children
No Data