Social prescriber

Hi, I’m 21 (female not that it really matters to me) I went to the drs for my mental health as I’m really struggling with all aspects of life at the moment. Being an adult is HARD. I’m starting a new job on 15th as an apprentice in an office witch I’m really looking forward to but also really nervous and really sad about leaving my other job and other things. My dr says I have a lot of adult things going on and that I might not be quite ready to deal with it all on my own.  

I told my dr everything that’s going on and she’s got me referred for a social prescriber. Brilliant. Just one question. What on earth do they do? I’ve tried googling it but I can’t wrap my head around it.

Thanks,

Andi 

Parents
  • never heard of that before. i googled it and it just says it is a person who refers you to other services...

which is funny... because that means they are referring you to a person who will refer you to another person.... who will also likely refer you to someone who will refer you to someone too lol i bet its like those things where they all get paid for referring people to others

• never heard of that before. i googled it and it just says it is a person who refers you to other services...

which is funny... because that means they are referring you to a person who will refer you to another person.... who will also likely refer you to someone who will refer you to someone too lol i bet its like those things where they all get paid for referring people to others

Children