Sensory issues

Hello all. 

I'm awaiting an assessment for diagnosis, it's a 27 month wait list and my god am I struggling. I find my main struggles are sounds. I'm struggling to sleep because things are waking me, cars on the road, dogs barking, others in the house moving around.....the smallest of things. I've got white noise playing when I sleep and also sometimes have ear plugs in. If I'm at home and sat watching TV etc and I hear a dog bark, loud car pass my house etc it really triggers me, I can only describe it as making me feel ill and angry. I hate these feelings. Not sure what I can do. There's a list of other things too but the sounds is definitely the worst! Any advice would be so appreciated 

Thanks

Lois 

Parents
  • Silicone ear plugs. When I lived on a main road, these changed my life. They caused a sort of pressure in my head when I wore them, but I also knew that in that pressure lived complete silence.

I really recommend finding some ear plugs that work for you

• Silicone ear plugs. When I lived on a main road, these changed my life. They caused a sort of pressure in my head when I wore them, but I also knew that in that pressure lived complete silence.

I really recommend finding some ear plugs that work for you

Children
No Data