My Special Interest is Thinking

It sounds bizarre even to me, but I couldn't tell what is my special interest, it bugged me all the time.

It was like in a polish poem for kids about Mister Hilary looking for his glasses, while he had them on his nose all along.

After I watched Autistamtic's video about special interests, I decided there is only one possibility - Thinking.

I do have many interests, some of them time and money consuming, but there is only one that persisted through my whole life - Thinking.

It is my safe place where I escape when in need. I do not need to be told to do it, and nobody can break in. 

I'm doing it for hours sometimes without noticing how long I am doing tt. If it wasn't for alarms I set, I would often miss moment when I'm supposed to get up and go to work, I'm so engrossed in it.

I can think about anything and everything, because it stimulates my special interest. The more wierd, unexplainable, uncommon, the better, it will make think longer. 

It would explain why I do not stick to one branch of knowledge, I read and absorb all, whatever I currently need to thinik about.

When I meet my friends I can talk about what I was thinking about lately with so much excitment and at increased speed, that I can tell they do not know how to interject. But I want their opinions too so I stop sometimes.

I come up with many radical, abstract conclusions often, to things nobody bothered to think about, but for me existing explanation was lacking, so I had to do it.

Does it make any sense to you? 

Have you heard about special interest that does not exist in a real word? 

Is it possible?

Parents
  • I agree with AnnieH. It sounds like you're a deep thinker which could definitely be a special interest. It's something you find interesting and enjoy doing, it's also something no one can take from you and stop you doing.

I think this very possible and a great interest to have. Also as you said a good place to escape to.

I have a special interest which is in my head a bit like yours which is dreaming/daydreaming. I picture worlds, characters, adventures in my head. I can hear it happening if I really think about it. This isn't a psychosis by the way, I got checked for that. It is just my imagination and mind. A bit like you, my way of escaping.

I love your special interest.

• Immersive daydreaming. I've always done that too. Not so much fantasy worlds as such, more a nicer alternative reality.

Reply Children
No Data