employment tribunal

Has anyone gone through one of these recently?

I am terrified the judge is just going to side with my employer who literally made me feel like some worthless crazy autistic person who wasn't worthy of working with children.  I know of cases that ruled in favour of the bipolar person, but does society view bipolar equal to autism?

My employer was a school.  My actions constituting gross misconduct were supporting autistic kids to understand and like themselves and find better ways of coping in school.

My employer also recently allowed boys to wear skirts when it was hot and called it "gender neutral".  No one is allowed to wear shorts.  Skirts or trousers for everyone.  

Parents
  • Hi Laura

A judge is neutral and will adhere to uk laws so as long as you’re honest and provide a written account of “how you made autistic children understand and like themselves to feel comfortable at school” 

have you contact ACAS or your union? 

Jamie

• Yup and yup!  ACAS were very helpful, but contacting ACAS annoyed my trade union rep who said that I had signed something that meant I would only listen to him.  And got upset when I got 15 minutes free legal advice.  Like I swear they committed professional negligence.... but I also know the law can be corrupt and if one lawyer compares autism to MS and shouts at me for not getting my tribunal in on time, what are the chances the judge throws it out of court too??  Though he did declare ethical veganism a protected characteristic under "beliefs" so maybe he's alright??  And ruled in favour of the bipolar teacher, so hopefully sees autism with the same lens of "not a bad person just needed a bit of support to thrive".  But has anyone else found that they came out as autistic and then were met with a wall of hate?  Or is that just Normal for Norfolk and I'm trapped in a flat hell that fears "different"???  

• Laura

Good luck..afterwards try move on to a different school 

Reply Children
  • Oh sorry no I wasn't encouraging children to do anything!  Just commenting on the judge that is on my case who ruled it was a valid belief for a totally different case to mine (that person was dismissed for saying the company was investing in animal testing so it was a victimisation whistleblowing unfair dismissal case where he claimed veganism was a philisophical belief and was fired for being a vegan) 

No I was just talking to children about their neurodiversity in a teachery way, following teacher standards of respect and dignity.