Autistic hgv driver

Hello,

I was diagnosed with ASD in 2020 at 38. I'd been driving hgvs for 6 years before my diagnosis but I decided to take some time off work to research ASD and how it affects me. I've done some hgv driving since my diagnosis but I didn't declare my ASD which made it difficult to tell my co-workers/employer that I am autistic so I've had to continue masking constantly. I've now decided to start declaring my autism from the start so I don't have to mask as much, dvsa have told me that I don't need to declare autism to them as I passed my tests and had driven for so many years before I was diagnosed that it obviously doesn't affect my driving. Has anyone on here applied for any kind of driving work and declared ASD at the application/interview stage and got the job or have you found it difficult to find work when declaring ASD.

Parents
  • Daz Are you still monitoring this post? 

Very keen to make contact with you for a chat if possible? 

I am dyslexic and slightly Autistic and in communication with senior people in the Industry about this. With regard to getting a survey done to assess the percentage of neuro diverse in the sector 

explain more if you are interested and respond 

Hello@harling.online 

• Daz Are you still monitoring this post? 

Very keen to make contact with you for a chat if possible? 

I am dyslexic and slightly Autistic and in communication with senior people in the Industry about this. With regard to getting a survey done to assess the percentage of neuro diverse in the sector 

explain more if you are interested and respond 

Hello@harling.online 

Children
No Data