ASD Email disclaimer?

Hi all,

Non ASD people seem to struggle with my abruptness and straightforwardness in my emails. I’m told they come across as aggressive and cold and can be upsetting. 
I don’t see it that way at all no matter how many times I read and rewrite. It also causes issues in my professional life too. 
I'm thinking of adding an email disclaimer saying I’ve ASD and to make allowances and responses should be short and sweet. 

has anyone else done this? Is it a good idea? Or am I just opening myself to hassle?

thanks x

Parents
  • I'm too Blunt for interviews, couldn't tell a story for Toffee. 

That's why I write poetry rather than attempt a novel. Sharp, witty and dead-pan. 

• My son who is socially otherwise pretty NT is even blunter with his honesty than I am. I wonder whether for him that means he does have a trait or two nevertheless, or whether it's just a learned behaviour from me.

But hey we like each others' frankness, so not a bad thing, eh?

• My son who is socially otherwise pretty NT is even blunter with his honesty than I am. I wonder whether for him that means he does have a trait or two nevertheless, or whether it's just a learned behaviour from me.

But hey we like each others' frankness, so not a bad thing, eh?

Children
No Data