Universal Credit

Hello

Right now I am experiencing really poor mental health and anxiety issues that she long term ongoing. I feel ill and constantly tired and withdrawn. It's like I'm in a weird haze everyday. 

Anyway. I lost my my recent job at Amazon. Order picker. I was employed there for 4 months but honestly spent most of the time there off with sickness. I only had to sign onto UC again in early March. And have just started seeing a work advisor again in mid April. I am told to look for full time work and warehouse work again.

I'm totally feeling like a rabbit in the headlights. I can't even go into a shop right now without feeling dizzy and having terrible migraines. I'm not sleeping well either. My social skills are just awful. My confidence is rock bottom. I don't feel employable. Definitely not full time work which will just burn me out beyond anything.

I don't know what to think. Am I trully just lazy? I don't feel well that's all I can say. I feel under intense pressure and of course I am afraid of losing my UC money so I don't feel confident to explain how I really feel. I just nod and say yes I am looking for work etc. 

I have mentioned autism. 

I have got 10k of debt too. Built up over last 4 years while being in and out of work. I am thinking bankruptsy but not sure. 

I'm totally overwhelmed. Any advise, support anything would be of help. I appreciate it. 

Parents
  • Talk to Step Change about the debt, or your local CAB.  They are there for that and there are other options (I know from experience).  It's still a mess but less of a mess than you think right now.

• I know. Its just getting moving. I put my head in sand way too much. I feel also I'm juggling so many balls with debt and worrying about future and changing job.

One thing is I'm done with warehousing full time. Being I have to earn money I'll obviously have to make sure I'm working in some way in the longer term. I'm actually seriously thinking of going into school teaching/assistant. I might be crazy but I actually enjoy various aspects of learning and I love history, science and IT.

It's super early days and I've a long road ahead but I'm going to explore options and look at adult college courses I can do. I've wasted enough years and I'm not getting any younger and can't let autism rule me like I sometimes seem to do. I'll just say it. It's pathetic. And I am definitely not incapable of achieving a great deal. Just this rut I've allowed myself to fall into recently. As they say, fail, try again, fail. I've most become afraid to fail. I'm sort of sabotaging my future by being resentful and being embarrassed and ashamed of my past. Being jealous of seeing people around me moving on and achieving things. It's really tough. That's the problem. Comparing myself to others. I know this is silly. 

Might as well just go for it as I can only go up from here. The debt like you say is a big issue and I think is a big reason I'm struggling. It weighs on the mind even though you you hard to bury it away. 

Jordon Peterson YouTube videos are also giving me a little positive push right now.

Thanks for advice to everyone here

• Well done for taking positive action , 

I agree money and debt is a very stressful thing and should be sorted out when you feel you able too ,
    Starting the process can be stressful, but once stepchange gave me the information I found it easier to deal with.
    I would only recommend stepchange as they are a non profit government funded charity and will take no money of you for the service, There maybe others but you should not have to pay any administration fee for the service, Only the setup cost of a DRO if you go down that route, which is £90.

JP has a special place in my timeline of getting diagnosed, In 2017 after my mother passed she left a little money and I used it to pay for an hour session with JP.
    In the session after about 5 minuets he asked "have I been diagnosed with any mental health conditions", and recommended that I should if not.
    From that I came to the NAS site for some guidance and finally the GP for referral.
    The report that Jorden gave me is so accurate I will never doubt his credentials and ability to see what people cannot see in themselves. I showed the report to my cbt councillor during a very low point just after getting diagnosed, and the sessions went from talking to just meditating and learning to slow my thoughts down.

• Well done for taking positive action , 

I agree money and debt is a very stressful thing and should be sorted out when you feel you able too ,
    Starting the process can be stressful, but once stepchange gave me the information I found it easier to deal with.
    I would only recommend stepchange as they are a non profit government funded charity and will take no money of you for the service, There maybe others but you should not have to pay any administration fee for the service, Only the setup cost of a DRO if you go down that route, which is £90.

JP has a special place in my timeline of getting diagnosed, In 2017 after my mother passed she left a little money and I used it to pay for an hour session with JP.
    In the session after about 5 minuets he asked "have I been diagnosed with any mental health conditions", and recommended that I should if not.
    From that I came to the NAS site for some guidance and finally the GP for referral.
    The report that Jorden gave me is so accurate I will never doubt his credentials and ability to see what people cannot see in themselves. I showed the report to my cbt councillor during a very low point just after getting diagnosed, and the sessions went from talking to just meditating and learning to slow my thoughts down.

Children
No Data