Any other Autistic adults who have no desire to be in a relationship ?

Hi there everyone, new here!

Bit about me - I am currently a 23 year old self diagnosed high functioning Autistic female who is currently on the very long waiting list for an assessment. 

I was wondering if anyone else here feels the same as me and weather its common for this community

I have no desire whatsoever to be in a romantic relationship. All my friends and family are either married or seeing someone and I seem to just not have any desire for it, although strangely I do feel jealous when seeing it, even though for myself I just don't see it ever happening. I guess its more due to my social issues than anything else. I don't find other people interesting, when people talk to me its like its going through one ear and out the other. I have really never plucked up the courage to go on dates without a stiff few drinks first. Same goes for friendships. I have friends yet really I couldn't care less if I lost them or never saw them again. I'm not a mean or distant person, I just really don't need social interaction to live a full life.

I feel perfectly happy living alone, being alone and having a solitary life with my pets! Anyone else feel the same? Or am I bad person who needs to change...

Parents
  • I'm 46, haven't been in a relationship per se, since late teens.  Apparently I have missed many opportunities over the years because i'm oblivious to other peoples intentions (several family members have commented on it).  I do miss it, not so much the physical connection, but the having someone around, having someone to enjoy situations with.  Not feeling alone all the time and from time to time whether to just end it all.  So yes if one came my way I wouldn't say no.

But at the same time i've been single for 25 years, so i'm also a little meh. ;)

• I'm 46, haven't been in a relationship per se, since late teens.  Apparently I have missed many opportunities over the years because i'm oblivious to other peoples intentions (several family members have commented on it).  I do miss it, not so much the physical connection, but the having someone around, having someone to enjoy situations with.  Not feeling alone all the time and from time to time whether to just end it all.  So yes if one came my way I wouldn't say no.

But at the same time i've been single for 25 years, so i'm also a little meh. ;)

Children
No Data