how would you react to someone forcing your door ?

In Scotland housing Associations are forcing doors of their tenants to install fire alarms, or they will threaten to force them so some people are opening their doors under duress. 

is this morally right if the person already has a good smoke alarm and lives in a small studio flat, and that they bought their own set of fire alarms in accordance with Scottish law to put up on the walls themselves? 

If you were vulnerable to covid in that you could die if you got covid how would you feel with people that could have covid coming into your home to fit  fire alarms? 

How would you feel if you hate noise and drills and you had no one to support you as they cannot travel to you as they are vulnerable to covid and they cant take public transport to you? 

How would you feel that since it is a studio flat and that you cant go outside as you need the loo regularly that you are left having no choice but to isolate to protect yourself form covid waiting in your bathroom for 2 hours for the installation and then an additional 2 hours as covid lasts in the air for hours after someone leaves even with the windows open? how would you feel if you felt trapped in the bathroom? but had no choice as you had to protect your life due to your vulnerability. 

And! you find out that the Government have added a clause to the law that means that authorities can extend the installation for vulnerable people but that your housing association is not listening to that fact? 

Do you think that this is wrong in relation to disabled people? 

On another case a woman did not know that they were going to force her door and she was in hysterics as she thought that they were breaking in to hurt her or rob the place. 

is this all morally right?

and if any of this would trigger a meltdown to you how would you feel?

Parents
  • If I were to suddenly hear the sound of my door being forced, without warning or context, the first two things I’m likely to do are ring 999 to report a break in and grab anything nearby I might use as a weapon. And I’m liable to assume anyone forcing their way into my home is a dangerous criminal until I see some ID to persuade me otherwise.

• Pete, I'm coming round to to liking you, and you clearly have not had the benefit of any military training.

I have, and it would suggest that you prioritise "holding the line", over "requesting fire support".

In short:

Focus fully, on stopping the forced entry to your home before even thinking of summoning aid that will not arrive until long after the action is over.

If I were alone, I personally would deal the door a sharp very loud blow in the vicinity of where the forcing is happening, probably with the base of my ever handy "spear that does not look like a spear" whilst shouting to my imaginary companion, call the police!! Simply to force a change of pace, and take some control over events. The other side will then likely either negotiate, or continue forcing their way in. 

At the end of the day in such a scenario of someone continuing to force their way in, it's the person still standing afterwards who gets to tell their story to the police whenever they arrive.. 

It's a nightmare scenario, with lots of potential opportunity to either get hurt or hurt someone else. You want to have made all your choices, well before it ever happens, so if you do have to hurt someone else in the course of defending yourself, you don't second guess yourself making your actions ineffective and weak.

Also your resolve should then be clear and apparent to your adversary, so at least they have every chance of giving it up and avoiding what's coming to them.. 

• military training.

I have, and it would suggest that you prioritise "holding the line", over "requesting fire support".

What was it like having autism and being in the military?

I read a lot of books on the military and what it's like. I find it fascinating, the real life accounts are interesting to read about. Sorry for derailing slightly, I'm just interested Slight smile

• Instead of being a Peter you'd become known to all army lower ranks as a "Rupert" if you chose that branch!

• The only way I’d ever be likely to be in the military is if I was draughted in for my special skills. They’d have to be desperate. That said when I worked at the civil service there was a guide for converting our civil grades into military ranks if civil service staff ever did need to be draughted. At executive officer grade (my designation at the time) I would have gone into the army as a captain, the navy as a lieutenant or the raf as a flight lieutenant.

• The only way I’d ever be likely to be in the military is if I was draughted in for my special skills. They’d have to be desperate. That said when I worked at the civil service there was a guide for converting our civil grades into military ranks if civil service staff ever did need to be draughted. At executive officer grade (my designation at the time) I would have gone into the army as a captain, the navy as a lieutenant or the raf as a flight lieutenant.

Children