Politics: Do you guys find it hard to find a reason to vote anymore or is it just me.

I use to be a brittish conservative just so the yanks on here don't get confused but now I don't vote at all. I'm not even sure politics makes sense to me and see it more as a modern day religion or cult. When you watch people debate in parliament you have to question why do we allow these people to run the country at times. But voting genuinely seems pointless and doesn't seem to mean anything to me personally. Just find it odd how people get so wrild up about or defensive about if politics is like there life or something it's kind of sad really cause SDK yourself what do the government do for you besides raise taxes and make life more difuclt. By that I mean they claim to give us a pay rise then the next year they increase taxes which completely defetes the objective of a pay raise as even if your pay does increase by a small amount if taxes rise then your money still doesn't go far due to tax inflation canceling it out. It's as if they take us for fools. 

Parents
  • Having recently clicked by accident on a political debate in the Commons on YouTube, I’m more convinced than ever that with politics, we are “barking up the wrong tree” and we need to return to the one true faith, the Catholic faith, to which the U.K. needs to return - Gemma O’ Doherty back home in Ireland recently mentioned this on one of her streams and I cannot disagree, living in a socially deprived area of Manchester for over 20 years with extended family in Rural Ireland and even my non-religious friends here who know that I’m a devout and committed Traditional Catholic feel the same way since Covid, where I’ve seen a massive return to the spiritual over politics since Covid - I’ve heard the same talking points among my Muslim friends, as well as seeing a massive increase in the number of Christian and other street preachers in both Manchester and other U.K. cities - I’m not getting any real sense that people post-Covid are even interested nor inclined to vote at all, for any party, as people are simply tired of the current political system which they don’t see as being relevant any longer to them nor providing any real solutions - Sinead O’ Connor’s funeral in Bray Co. Wicklow, covered massively by RTÉ (after she died in London - like Delores O’ Riodan, who was buried in Co. Limerick) had thousands attending, where she was buried as a Muslim in a Catholic graveyard and even Irish TD’s in Dáil Éireann dont get that, despite the fact that culturally, Irish funerals are normally very large and aside from Sinead’s celebrity status 

• Having recently clicked by accident on a political debate in the Commons on YouTube, I’m more convinced than ever that with politics, we are “barking up the wrong tree” and we need to return to the one true faith, the Catholic faith, to which the U.K. needs to return - Gemma O’ Doherty back home in Ireland recently mentioned this on one of her streams and I cannot disagree, living in a socially deprived area of Manchester for over 20 years with extended family in Rural Ireland and even my non-religious friends here who know that I’m a devout and committed Traditional Catholic feel the same way since Covid, where I’ve seen a massive return to the spiritual over politics since Covid - I’ve heard the same talking points among my Muslim friends, as well as seeing a massive increase in the number of Christian and other street preachers in both Manchester and other U.K. cities - I’m not getting any real sense that people post-Covid are even interested nor inclined to vote at all, for any party, as people are simply tired of the current political system which they don’t see as being relevant any longer to them nor providing any real solutions - Sinead O’ Connor’s funeral in Bray Co. Wicklow, covered massively by RTÉ (after she died in London - like Delores O’ Riodan, who was buried in Co. Limerick) had thousands attending, where she was buried as a Muslim in a Catholic graveyard and even Irish TD’s in Dáil Éireann dont get that, despite the fact that culturally, Irish funerals are normally very large and aside from Sinead’s celebrity status 

Children