Politics: Do you guys find it hard to find a reason to vote anymore or is it just me.

I use to be a brittish conservative just so the yanks on here don't get confused but now I don't vote at all. I'm not even sure politics makes sense to me and see it more as a modern day religion or cult. When you watch people debate in parliament you have to question why do we allow these people to run the country at times. But voting genuinely seems pointless and doesn't seem to mean anything to me personally. Just find it odd how people get so wrild up about or defensive about if politics is like there life or something it's kind of sad really cause SDK yourself what do the government do for you besides raise taxes and make life more difuclt. By that I mean they claim to give us a pay rise then the next year they increase taxes which completely defetes the objective of a pay raise as even if your pay does increase by a small amount if taxes rise then your money still doesn't go far due to tax inflation canceling it out. It's as if they take us for fools. 

Parents
  • I'm a Labour party member. I want the self serving,intellectually and morally bankrupt, Tories out of power asap. Quite a few party members are calling for Labour  to make PR part of their manifesto. That would be a tactical mistake. The Tories, and the pro Tory media , would  ram home time and time again ' Labour too weak to govern on their own' . I'd rather they adopted PR from a position of strength, after winning the next election.

• In complete agreement with what you say Firemonkey. 

I don't think the country can afford another term under Tory rule. 

Reply Children
No Data