How did you do in school?

Just curious about people who slipped through the net, so to speak.  How did you cope with school?  I developed quite good ways of hiding how much i struggled.  It helped that i was in most of the bottom sets, as no one really cared back then.  I was in the top set for biology, i excelled in that area.  Nothing else part from sport.  I hated going in every day,  i was like a zombie....i literally cant remember my last year in school.  Ive blanked it out completely. 

Parents
  • Hated every minute of school, was always tired and anxious and only spoke 3 to 5 words a day, I always ended up in the bottom set for every subject so no gcse. I had speech therapy when I was little but I was told they was teaching me baby words, I had a lot of trouble concentrating couldn’t focus. 

• Hated every minute of school, was always tired and anxious and only spoke 3 to 5 words a day, I always ended up in the bottom set for every subject so no gcse. I had speech therapy when I was little but I was told they was teaching me baby words, I had a lot of trouble concentrating couldn’t focus. 

Children
  • I was exactly the same. I really struggled to so called fit in with everyone. I could hardly talk, sometimes out of choice for embarrassment. My parents put me up for speech therapy but nothing ever came of it, I was pushed down the waiting list. I hardly passed any of my courses, but it has never stopped me