How did you do in school?

Just curious about people who slipped through the net, so to speak.  How did you cope with school?  I developed quite good ways of hiding how much i struggled.  It helped that i was in most of the bottom sets, as no one really cared back then.  I was in the top set for biology, i excelled in that area.  Nothing else part from sport.  I hated going in every day,  i was like a zombie....i literally cant remember my last year in school.  Ive blanked it out completely. 

Parents
  • I hated every day of school, I can remember pre and infant school, the other children would go outside to play, I just didn’t know what to do, I found the idea of playing puzzling.

Fo  my whole school life I would never see another child in school holidays, even the six week summer breaks I would just mainly watch TV or stack used bricks in the yard as I loved the symmetry and pattern of the bricks.

The last school was single sex and a very violent place. You just learnt to stay under the radar and not make a fuss. All my school reports and parents evenings had the same message, ‘Roy doesn’t join in, Roy is always quiet’ If the school had of acted on my behaviour, the answer would have been more team sport to cure me.

It didn’t pay to be anyway different from the crowd otherwise the bullies would hunt you down. I remember the last day of school, we were kept until mid morning, the year head told us we could go now and if anyone tried to re enter the school property, the police would be called and we would be arrested. Such fond memories!

• I hated every day of school, I can remember pre and infant school, the other children would go outside to play, I just didn’t know what to do, I found the idea of playing puzzling.

Fo  my whole school life I would never see another child in school holidays, even the six week summer breaks I would just mainly watch TV or stack used bricks in the yard as I loved the symmetry and pattern of the bricks.

The last school was single sex and a very violent place. You just learnt to stay under the radar and not make a fuss. All my school reports and parents evenings had the same message, ‘Roy doesn’t join in, Roy is always quiet’ If the school had of acted on my behaviour, the answer would have been more team sport to cure me.

It didn’t pay to be anyway different from the crowd otherwise the bullies would hunt you down. I remember the last day of school, we were kept until mid morning, the year head told us we could go now and if anyone tried to re enter the school property, the police would be called and we would be arrested. Such fond memories!

Children
No Data